Embarking on the road to recovery is never easy. It can be stressful, overwhelming, and frightening. We want you to know that you’re not alone. Our staff will be available to guide you every step of the way and aim to make the transition into treatment as smooth as possible. We promise high quality care, which starts with the admission.
Our Counselors are available to answer questions and initiate the admission process. Our intakes typically begin with a prescreening phone call. Our Counselors will ask a variety of questions regarding addiction, history of use, current substance use, behavioral health and overall wellbeing.
Following the prescreening assessment patients will present to the clinic to complete the admission process. Patients should bring the following items to the appointment:
- A state issued photo identification card
- Documentation of active medications (prescriptions, over-the-counter, and supplements)
- Fee for the admission assessment
- Insurance card (if intending on using insurance for payment)
- Contact information for outside providers
Potential patients should be prepared to spend a minimum of 3-4 hours at the clinic to complete the intake process:
- Drug test
- Counselor Consultation & Assessment
- Physical Examination with Physician
- Electrocardiogram (EKG, ECG)
- TB Skin Test
- Baseline blood test screening for viral hepatitis
- Screening for Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Release of information for outside providers
Potential patients must be aware that medication administration (Methadone, Suboxone, Vivitrol) is not guaranteed during the intake appointment. Medication decisions are ultimately made by our physicians to ensure safety for patients and community members. If patients are not ready to participate in medication-assisted treatment, our team will provide recommendations and resources to help achieve admission.
ASAP is committed to breaking the vicious cycle of opioid abuse by providing hope, support and education that build a foundation for life-long sobriety. If you or someone you care about is interested in becoming a patient, or obtaining more information, contact our clinic today.